Friday, September 10, 2010

1. Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice

When I discovered that we had to find an attorney I found it rather difficult in the beginning to find anyone who would actually give me the time and energy when looking into this situation and being helpful in answering the 10 questions that I had come up with within my group. I initially wanted to find a patent attorney who could help contribute to some things I wanted to know about group work. I found that coauthors’ are pg 39 “two or more people who have contributed significant creative input to a work of expression are legally considered coauthors”. Well I did not have any luck with finding a patent attorney but my search led me to an even more amazing attorney name Aiesha Johnson. She is a probate, business formations, trusts and wills attorney. I discussed a lot with her. Another one of our topics she helped me understand was derivative work which is pg 47 “based upon preexisting material to which enough original creative work has been added so that the new work represents an original work of authorship.” I felt she was the best attorney for me because throughout our conversation we had so much in common and she related so much with me and what I was trying to do in order to enhance my career. What she did focus on a lot is false representation in copyright registration application which is pg 36“a deliberate lie on a copyright registration form, such as a false statement that no preexisting works are included in the work being registered, may invalidate the legal effects and benefits of registration”. She informed me that this is taken very seriously and that I should be extremely careful. I really enjoyed working with her and look forward in building a future relationship with Ms. Johnson.
10th edition Patent Copyright & Trademark by Attorney Richard Stim

No comments:

Post a Comment